Our award-winning JDA Performance Company is comprised of 3 levels
of dancers - Junior, Teen, and Senior dancers age 7 – 18. The
Company represents the Academy at dance competitions and conventions.
These conventions offer instruction by nationally acclaimed teachers
and choreographers as well as the opportunity to win scholarships, regional
and national dance awards. The Company’s many local community
performances include Fall and Spring Festivals and the December holiday
parade as well as an acclaimed original production of “The Polar
Express”. Membership in the company is available to all dancers
in Ballet Level 3 and higher.
1. Performance Company dancers are not permitted to enroll or attend
classes at any other dance studio. The only exceptions are for intensives
and/or competitions located out of the local area and with the director’s
permission. The minimum requirement for company eligibility is company
ballet. Dancers must take a minimum of one regular weekly class for
each company class discipline in which
they are enrolled.
2. There is a fee of $30/month for each Performance Company dancer.
This fee must be paid the 1st day of each month. All Company and Advanced
dancers are required to purchase/sell one Full page ad for the Spring
3. It is mandatory that all Performance Company dancers participate
in any and all performances, competitions, workshops, special events
and fundraising events related to Jupiter Dance and will attend rehearsals
as deemed necessary by the choreographer, teacher, or director. Rehearsals
may be modified to meet the needs of the Company and/or choreographer,
teacher, or director. All dancers must notify the academy if they
will be late or absent from a class and/or rehearsal.
4. Fees will be charged for rehearsals not held during regular class
5. Holiday or special performance costumes will be rented by Jupiter
Dance Academy to Company dancers. All costumes and accessories must
be returned in good condition upon completion of the final performance.
A $100 fee will be assessed per damaged or lost costume.
6. All Company dancers must maintain eligibility by:
A. placement in Ballet Level 3 or above classes
B. maintaining an overall minimum scholastic GPA of 2.5.
7. Company dancers will maintain an acceptable record of conduct
and behavior during all classes, rehearsals, performances, and while
on Jupiter Dance Academy property. Any dancer who has been suspended,
dismissed or expelled from their academic school will be removed from
8. Company dancers are responsible for all financial obligations,
including but not limited to uniform ballet leotard, costumes, shoes,
accessories, competition and convention expenses, and summer class
9. Company dancers must be picked up no later than 10 minutes after
class, rehearsals or performances otherwise a late pick-up fee will
be applied to that dancer’s account.
10. There will be no use of negative, profane, obscene, or derogatory
language in the studio or on Academy property.
11. Failure to adhere to the above rules will result in the following:
1 – Parents will receive a phone call
2 – 3 day suspension
3 – Expulsion from the Company
Members of the Jupiter Dance Academy Performance Company will:
1. Maintain eligibility as stated above.
2. Arrive physically and mentally prepared, and on time for classes,
rehearsals, and performances.
3. Wear your class level ballet leotard and keep costumes clean and
in good condition.
4. Exhibit good character qualities such as teamwork, respect and
5. Follow directions of the teacher, choreographer, staff and/or director
with a respectful attitude.
6. Give 100% effort to learning and performing routines.